Dear IBridgePy users,
We are very excited to tell everyone that IBridgePy can run Quantopian algorithms with NO or minimum changes. Many of you may have noticed that the IBridgePy documentation have been updated with many functions that behave very similar to those functions bearing same names at Quantopian.
The Quantopian algorithms using the following functions can be run at IBridgePy without any change:
- 1.1 initialize — similar as initialize at Quantopian
- 1.2 handle_data — similar as handle_data at Quantopian
- 1.3 before_trading_start — similar as before_trading_start at Quantopian
- 1.4 Data method — similar as Data method at Quantopian
- 1.5 data.current — similar as data.current at Quantopian
- 1.6 data.history — similar as data.history at Quantopian
- 1.7 order — similar as order at Quantopian
- 1.8 order_target — similar as order_target at Quantopian
- 1.9 cancel_order — similar as cancel_order at Quantopian
- 1.10 get_open_orders — similar as get_open_orders at Quantopian
- 1.11 get_order — similar as get_order at Quantopian
- 1.12 get_datetime — similar as get_datetime at Quantopian
- 1.13 symbol — similar as symbol at Quantopian
- 1.14 symbols — similar as symbols at Quantopian
- 1.15 schedule_function– similar as schedule_function at Quantopian
To run Quantopian algorithm at IBridgePy is very simple. You just need to put your IB account code in RUN_ME.py and set runMode=’run_list_quantopian’. and then, run the algorithms in Spyder or other Python IDE. In this mode, the initialize function will be run once at the beginning of the algorithm and handle_data function will be run every minute, just like how they perform at Quantopian.
Please don’t hesitate to contact with us at IBridgePy@gmail.com if you have any quantions when you run Quantopian algorithms at IBridgePy. We will try our best to solve the issues as soon as possible.
Thanks for your time and your interest in IBridgePy.