- 1 Rent-a-coder services
- 2 Free debug service
- 3 Rent-a-Coder can help your debug!
- 4 Q & A
- 4.1 Q: I don’t have a dedicated computer to trade. Do I need one?
- 4.2 Q: Can you help to run IBridgePy on Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2)?
- 4.3 Q: What operating system can you work on?
- 4.4 Q: How much does the rent-a-coder cost?
- 4.5 Q: I feel more comfortable if I can meet you in person somewhere. Can I?
- 4.6 Q: Will the code created by Rent-a-Coder service run well on both of IB TWS and IB Gateway?
- 4.7 Q: Can the code created by Rent-a-Coder service be used for both Live trading and paper trading?
- 4.8 Q: Why do you need my paper account to debug?
We have experiences and specialties in implementing various trading algorithms, such as
- High frequency, multi-threaded trading algorithms, with reaction time to events < 250ms
- Event driven trading algorithms
- Sentiment analysis based trading algorithms
- Handling orders in multiple accounts at same time
- Back testing strategies
Every project is different so that we provide highly customized services to meet your special requirements.
- Please write your strategies in plain English and provide graphs if you think it is easier for us to understand the strategies.
- We will contact with you to fully understand your requirements.
- A project charter and project requirements will be documented for customers to review and approve.
- We will write the codes and test them on our computing environment and make sure they meet all requirements.
- The codes may not run well first time on customer’s computing system. We will use TeamViewer sessions to provide debug services.
- Upon requests, we may help customers on adding new features, such as sending out email notice, checking emails to receive third-party signals, crawling websites for important market information.
No project is too small and no project is too big for us.
Of course, we are happy to do Python programming for you if you have any great ideas and would like to implement them. Please feel free to contact us at IBridgePy@gmail.com
Free debug service
Due to increased number of users who are willing to migrating from Quantopian to IBridgePy, we are glad to offer FREE debug services to make the migration process easier. The scope of this free debug services are the examples provided by IBridgePy with minor changes. To request the service, please send email to IBridgePy@gmail.com and be sure to include the following information:
- The problem description with error messages from python interpreter console if applicable.
- The strategy Python code, named like “xxx.py”, not a text file. We can only debug the examples provided by IBridgePy with minor changes.
- RUN_ME.py with your IB account code
- Username and password of an IB PAPER account that you found the issue. *
- Q&A : Why do you need my account to debug?
- If necessary, we will schedule a remote debug session via TeamViewer. Please install TeamViewer and Skype(for voice communication) before the scheduled time.
* IB paper account password can be easily changed in the account management at IB’s website. You may consult with IB representative if you have any security concerns about an IB paper account. We need paper account login info to debug your code because a lot of issues are related to the IB account, for example, getting historical data from IB.
Rent-a-Coder can help your debug!
Not all requests are qualified for free debug service.
If you want Rent-a-Coder to help you debug your codes, please send email to IBridgePy@gmail.com to ask for a quotation and be sure to include the following information:
- The problem description
- The strategy Python code, named like “xxx.py”, not a text file
- IBridgePy/security_info.csv which includes the securities that you have positions in your paper account
You will receive a quotation with a project charter via email after we review your request. We will start to work on the project after you approve the project charter, a service agreement is reached and a paper account login is received.
Q & A
Q: I don’t have a dedicated computer to trade. Do I need one?
A: It is highly recommended to have a dedicated computer to trade, especially for live trading.
Q: Can you help to run IBridgePy on Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2)?
A: Yes. We can do that.
Q: What operating system can you work on?
A: IBridgePy runs well on Windows systems, either 32-bit or 64-bit. Also, we can work on Linux-Ubuntu and Mac as well.
Q: How much does the rent-a-coder cost?
A: It depends on the requirements of the projects. Please write your strategies/requirements with your budget and send it to IBridgePy@gmail.com. We will evaluate the projects and get back to you as soon as possible.
Q: I feel more comfortable if I can meet you in person somewhere. Can I?
A: Right now, you can meet our highly experienced coders in the following areas:
San Jose, CA
Q: Will the code created by Rent-a-Coder service run well on both of IB TWS and IB Gateway?
A: Yes. Please refer to http://www.ibridgepy.com/tutorials/#Setup_IB_Gateway_or_TWS to setup either TWS or IB Gateway.
Q: Can the code created by Rent-a-Coder service be used for both Live trading and paper trading?
A: Yes. The code can be used for Liver trading or Paper trading. It is highly recommended to run the code on Paper account first.
Q: Why do you need my paper account to debug?
A: Many bugs/issues are caused by the type of the account you were using. For example, you may see errors when requesting historical data of some securities using IB’s demo account because IB’s demo account does not provide those historical data. We have to debug using your paper account if we cannot reproduce the bug on our side. IB’s paper account is just a PAPER account and it has nothing to do with your live account. Its purpose is to test your strategies without any financial risks. The password of an IB paper account can be easily changed in the account management at IB’s website. You may consult with IB representative if you have any security concerns about an IB paper account.